TIMER IC 555
- The 555 Integrated Circuit was first introduced by Signetics Corporation as Type SE555/NE555.
- Available in 8-pin circular style TO-99 Can, 8-pin mini-DIP and 14-pin DIP
- Operation: +5VDC to +18VDC.
- Compatible to TTL/CMOS, and op-amp based circuits.
- Versatile Applications: oscillator, pulse generator, square and ramp wave generator, one-shot multivibrator, safety alarm, timer circuits, traffic light controllers, PWM, etc.
- 555 timer can provide time delay ranging from microseconds to hours.
Symbol (Source: Wikipedia)
Internal CMOS design of timer IC 555
Datasheet for 555 timer IC ~ +4.5VDC to +18VDC (Source Texas Instruments: click here)